Best Dog Beaches in SoCal: Huntington Dog Beach
Huntington Dog Beach Review
Pixie and I love Huntington Dog Beach. Pixie when living in Seattle was previously a lake swimming dog. It has taken some work for her to get used to wave jumping but as you can see in this picture she has gotten very good at it. A few times I've seen her jump nearly vertical to get over a wave. Proud mama moment. Listed below are the Pro's and Con's of Huntington Dog Beach
1. A lot of space for your dog to hang out. There are quite a few toy hungry dogs that will steal your toys.
2. It's like doggie Disneyland and dogs are having so much fun hanging out that they are human oblivious. It's funny but be alert :)
3. Doggie Diversity-You see dogs of all shapes and sizes
1. Parking is a bit of a nightmare. The surfers hang out all day in the parking spots so you can expect to wait over 20-30 minutes to find a parking spot.
2. Not the best dog beach for dogs who actually want to swim. There are surfers that your dog needs to dodge to swim to their toy.
3. Watch the undertow/riptide if your dog likes to swim, it is quite strong at this beach.
Enjoy and have fun soaking up the sun at Huntington Dog Beach!