Earth Day- Biodegradable Poop Bags without compromising style
On Earth Day, I encourage you to think about the impact you and your pet have on the environment. Are you doing everything that you can for future generations? It is not easy and diligent customers have to pay more to ensure that they are looking out for the environment. As with any trendsetter, it costs more to be an educated and aware customer.
Plastic is a large issue for Climate Change, here are some stats that you need to sit with:
- There are approximately 90 million dogs in the US
- 70% of pet owners live in suburban and urban areas according to this Pet Ownership report here
- If you take your dog out 3X a day you are contributing over 13,000 feet of plastic material in one year alone.
- This means that for all of the dogs of the US living in urban and suburban contribute approximately 819 billion feet of plastic (if each bag is nearly one foot in length)
I've converted to bio-degradable plastic poop bags for one year. I was extremely apprehensive because I think that there is a common notion that eco means the bag will not work as well. I'm such a fan of Metropaws and really love using their products. This is the second time that Woof Republic has featured paws if you remember the Smear Campaign Poop bags. It makes the act of picking up Pixie's crap so much more fun. The designs of their fun poop bags makes the act of taking care of your dog's business slightly more fun.
Metropaws Poop bags feature the following:
• Perforated opening for easy dispensing
• Strong and reliable
• Unique designer prints
Look at these designs...
The Metropaws Poopcase is an awesome sustainable product
- Plant-based and 100% compostable
- Soft-touch and easy to wipe clean
- One seamless, flexible piece that won't break or crack
- Fits standard poop bag rolls
- Includes one roll of 20 designer Poopy Packs® and standard carabiner
Buy Metropaws here.